Monday, 26 August 2013

More Dollhouse Improvements

As an antidote to nervous energy, I spent more time this weekend working on the dollhouse reconstruction.


I made replacement panels for the missing molded plastic.  Here's one of the originals.


 
And here are my attempts at replacements.  I used thick watercolour paper and toothpicks.
 

Next I had to try and make them match in colour.  It took a couple of tries but I think I got a good match.


Then I went ahead and retiled the side porch roof.  It had come off years ago so I could bring it upstairs to work.

 
First I cut a solid piece of bristolboard that exactly matched the roof, then I glued my tile strips onto the bristolboard.
 


Trimmed it up.


And glued it all together.  I think it turned out pretty nicely. 

Let's all hear it for funneling nervous energy into procrastination creative projects!  All this in only one Babylon 5 episode.


No comments:

Post a comment